This website and blog aims to track the progress and development of my research. If it opens my work up to new audiences that’s a (big!) bonus but this is a space for putting thoughts into words. It is also the place where I hope to develop and record new lines of enquiry as they evolve. It is, if you like, a record of my adventures in research.
I am interested in the ways in which literature is produced, received and disseminated in society and the politics that lie behind these processes.
Even in a (relatively) short career, my research has taken many different directions. Below are some of my main areas of interest:
- Latin American Cultural Studies
- Twentieth-Century and contemporary Latin American Literature with an emphasis on Mexico
- Mexican Studies
- Gender Studies
- Literature and Culture of the Mexico-US borderlands
- Canon formation
- Reception studies
- Sociology of literature
- Literary and digital culture especially in the Hispanic World
- Prizes and cultural festivals
The links on the right hand side provide more information about some of my current projects.